Day Shelter Needs
Due to storage concerns, we are not able to accept other clothing, coats or shoes. Please take these donations to the Belmont Clothing Center, or Hinton Avenue Clothing Closet, where our guests are able to obtain clothing free of charge.
- Wet Wipes
- Shaving Cream
- Men's and Women's socks, underwear, and T-shirts! (Preferably new, but always clean and in good condition, please!)
- HE Laundry detergent (liquid is best)
- Hair Creams/Oils for African American hair
- Hand sanitizer
- Reusable water bottles
- Backpacks and tote bags
- Gallon size zip lock bags
At this time, we have plenty of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, sunscreen, and soap.
The Haven serves breakfast only, every day of the year, with most menu items prepared from scratch. We regret that due to storage issues, we can NOT accept donations of canned or boxed dry goods. The few canned or dry goods items we do use we get from the local Blue Ridge Area Food Bank.
We appreciate donations of fresh fruits & vegetables, whole grains, local eggs, cheese, breakfast meats, white & brown sugar, maple syrup, tea & coffee, pecans and almonds, coconut. (We make homemade granola and serve it as an option every day.)
We also are in regular need of:
- Masking Tape
- Coffee mugs
- Water glasses and/or pint-size canning jars (they make sturdy drinking glasses!)
- Forks, knives, and spoons
- Kitchen towels/dish cloths
Consider creating a Welcome Basket/Move-In kit to help newly-housed Haven guests feel at home!
- Non-perishable food (pasta, veggies, cereal, etc.
- Sheet set (twin or queen)
- Towel Set
- Dish Towel
- Clock radio
- Can opener
- Cleaning supplies (sponge, soap, all-purpose cleaner, mop)
- Toilet Paper
- Trash Bags
- Kitchen Trash Bin
If you have items you think might be welcome to our guests that are not listed above, we are happy to talk with you to determine if your donation can be helpful to our programs.
Contact Diana Boeke at email@example.com or 434-973-1234 ext. 118.
Drop off your donation anytime we are open (Monday through Saturday 7 AM-12 PM or Sunday 7 AM-3 PM). Your in-kind donation is tax-deductible-- if you would like a tax receipt, just ask at the time of drop-off!
To arrange a furniture donation or for more information, Lindsey Leahy firstname.lastname@example.org
For kitchen donations, contact David Slezak at email@example.com, or at 434-981-4161.