The Haven’s beautiful, historic building is intended to be a resource for weddings, performances, and as a community gathering place.
To reserve the space, please check our availability and review the guidelines for use and rental rates. Contact our Events Coordinator, Diana Boeke, at Diana@thehaven.org with any questions or to book an event.
- Access to the building will be through the staff member on site for your event. The payment for this staff member is included in the fee for the space.
- The Haven requires that groups obtain liability insurance.
- Set up and clean up before and after the event are your responsibility.
- Nonprofit and informal community groups have priority over for-profit/commercial entities.
- The Haven maintains an inclusive philosophy, and we expect the same of any group looking to use this resource, in message, tone, and displayed/performed material.
- Organizations must be willing to meet the terms of the lease agreement for use of the space.
- Sanctuary capacity: 384, with seating for 250.
- There is no smoking allowed anywhere inside of The Haven.
- Flames of any sort are prohibited, including candles.
- Additional guidelines regarding decoration are included in the contract.
- Food and beverages may be consumed as long as the space is left as you found it.
- Alcoholic beverages may be consumed at certain events pending a conversation with the Events Coordinator and a special event permit from the Virginia ABC .
- The Haven does not provide event supplies, set up, or AV equipment.
- Event organizers must leave the space in the same conditions in which they are found it and assume financial responsibility for any damages incurred to the property in the course of their event. Trash and/or recycling must be disposed of in the bins on 1st Street.