The Day Haven provides the homeless and very poor with a safe place to be during the day. As a day shelter, the Day Haven offers a large living-room and dining room. Guests are invited to eat, play games, read books, meet service providers or simply rest. Three hundred and sixty five days a year, The Day Haven provides guests with a welcoming place to get out of the elements.
- Breakfast: a healthy, locally-sourced breakfast meal is served daily.
- Computers: three computers are available to search for jobs and housing. Each benefits from DSL hook-up and access to printers.
- Showers: 4 showers are available for men, women and families. Guests are provided towels, washcloths, soap and shampoo as needed.
- Laundry: three stacking, high-capacity washers and dryers are available for use from the time we open with the last load going in two hours before we close. Laundry detergent is provided as needed.
- Storage: 70 plastic bins are available for use by guests to store important papers, clothing, etc. Bins are kept in a separate, locked area accessible by volunteers and staff only.
- Mailing address: Guests are permitted use of our mailing address to receive mail.
- Phone: a phone is available for use by Day Haven guests as needed; please call (434)973-1234 ext 100 to reach the Welcome Desk at the Day Haven.
Click HERE to make a tax-deductible donation to support the Day Haven!