The Haven is a multi-resource day shelter for people facing homelessness in downtown Charlottesville, Virginia.
We provide respite services for people who are homeless, or living in extreme poverty in our community, as well as supportive case management for guests who are eligible for programs to help get them back into stable housing.
Being homeless is a state of transition for most of our guests. We provide respite for the weary and transformation for the ready.
- Healthy, hearty breakfasts every day of the year.
- Storage bins, and a place to receive mail.
- Shower and Laundry facilities.
- Computers, and job and housing search assistance.
- A safe, supportive, comfortable environment.
- A convenient, central place to meet with support workers from several agencies and programs that connect homeless guests to the resources they need to find housing and stabilize their lives.
The Haven understands that homelessness is a housing crisis, and the solution to homelessness is housing. We offer housing support and assistance under Housing First Programs:
- Homeless Prevention
- Coordinated Access
- Housing Navigation
- Housing Stabilization
- Support Services for Veteran Families
- Rapid Re-Housing
WINTER HOURS (PACEM Season) October - April 15
M-Sat: 7am - 12noon. Sundays 7am - 3pm.
Breakfast daily at 7:30am.
OPEN Monday to Saturday 7:30 am-12 noon and Sundays 10 AM-3 PM.
Monday to Friday 12-5 PM by appointment
112 West Market Street Charlottesville, VA 22902
Engage with the whole Haven community on Facebook!