The Haven is a multi-resource day shelter for people facing homelessness in downtown Charlottesville, Virginia.
We provide respite for the weary and transformation for the ready.
Being homeless is a state of transition for most of our guests.
We provide respite services for people who are homeless, or living in extreme poverty in our community, as well as supportive case management for guests who are eligible for programs to help get them back into stable housing.
Hours | Monday - Saturday, 7:30am - 12:00pm (noon) | Sun, 9:30am - 3:00pm
Staff available for appointments | Mon to Fri, 9am - 5pm
112 West Market Street, Charlottesville, VA 22902
• healthy, hearty breakfasts every day of the year
• storage bins and a place to receive mail
• shower and laundry facilities
• computers and job- and housing-search assistance
• a safe, supportive, comfortable environment
• a convenient, central place to meet
The Haven understands that homelessness is a housing crisis, and the solution to homelessness is housing. We work with several agencies and programs to connect homeless guests to the resources they need to find housing and stabilize their lives. We offer housing support and assistance under Housing First Programs. Find out more on our services page.